Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Miami Vice

So I’ve been watching Season 1 of Miami Vice on DVD (I’m obsessed with TV on DVD, by the way), and I realized something that I think most of us have forgotten: Tubbs is the big pussyhound on Miami Vice, not Crockett. It’s easy to assume that Don Johnson was the one chasing all the girls, and while he does his fair share of scamming, it’s Phillip Michael Thomas chasing (and getting) most of the ass.


I’m so jazzed about this Miami Vice movie coming up. Yes, it’s gonna be cheesy. The show was cheesy (don’t believe me? check out the DVD). But here’s five ways to make the movie interesting:


1. Have the film set in present day, but have Crockett and Tubbs wear the same fashions from the mid-‘80s that they wore on the show.


2. Have Edward James Olmos reprise his role as Lt. Castillo (I swear that guy was always old).


3. Have Colin Farrell play Crockett but using his real Irish brogue–just have him add "pal" to the end of every sentence ("Miami vice, pal!").


4. Have Jamie Foxx play Tubbs as a blind man.


5. Have Dave Chappelle play Noogie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home